Friday, August 21, 2015

It's Friday, time to share another oldie for fun.

Good morning and how are you this Friday?
It's that time again, sharing an old crafty project for the fun of it.  I'd love it if you'd join me resurrecting an old project on your blog just for the joy of crafting.  All I ask is that you leave a wee comment below, that way I know you've joined the fun but more importantly it means I can pop along to your blog and check out your oldie to.  I will comment on all.

After yesterday's chilly post I thought I'd bring us right back to the summer months with a sea theme.


Today I have used Sugar Nellie image "Ocean's gift!" together with papers from DCWV The Linen Closet.  The sentiment stamp is by Stampendous and the image is coloured with Prisma pencils and Distress ink Vintage photo.  Wire, lace, pearls, ribbon and button are from my stash.  

Mmm my favourite colour combo, Kraft, cream and shades of teal.  In my eyes it can't be beaten, but then it would be very boring if we were all the same.

Plans for the rest of today really depend on the weather, the housework still awaits my approval as does the ironing, decisions, decisions!
I did actually have this weekend off work but have been asked just to do a short shift in the morning tomorrow.  It is holiday season after all!  
I believe the market is also on in Elgin so no doubt the town will be busy.

Do you have anything exciting planned this weekend?
I hope you enjoy whatever you get up to!  
I shall be back tomorrow to tickle that creative funny bone. 

8 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a wonderful Oldie.
Yes a great combo of colours, and such a delightful image.
Great design as always.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

She is gorgeous and I absolutely love the way you have designed this card with all the coordinating embellishments. This colour scheme works perfectly for a seaside/sea-life feel and your swirly wire and pearl decoration is inspired. I haven't tried colouring on kraft card but your image is wonderfully vibrant against the background, love it.
Lorraine

Jo said...

This is so gorgeous Erika....a fabulous image I've not seen before & beautiful colours.......the colours of my bedroom in fact....so peaceful & relaxing. Hope you have a lovely weekend, not much going on here...maybe, ok definitely a crafty hour (or two) in the craft room.
hugs Jo x

Lau W said...

Oh just fabulous ! love this color combo too !
Oh sun sun sun today and tomorrow, so beautiful !!!
Have au super week-end !
xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, Oh I love this, I adore mermaids and this one is just lovely, beautiful colours and embellies, fab oldie,have a super weekend, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Erika, love the image, colours and your great design.
Have a great weekend
Patricia xxx

Carol said...

A gorgeous oldie Erika....one of my favourite colour combos too, do love the Linen Closet stack. Very muggy here most of the day! Enjoy your weekend. Carol x

Cara said...

Oh how lovely! Thanks for "Re" Sharing!
Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}